Anglo developementsPosted by Gay Ljungberg 2009-06-25 20:49:49
Today we are fully stocked with the Anglo Cards for Magic by Offason!
The Anglo Jumbo Index Deck (the Anglo Rug Deck) has been reprinted and is again available in all six colours: gold on white, gold on black, gold on blue, gold on green, gold on red and black on gold.
Anglo developementsPosted by Gay Ljungberg 2009-06-10 22:42:33
Exciting accessories for Anglo Poker Edition09! A deck with 55 gaffed cards, gag cards and special utilty cards!
The same card stock, finish and high quality as Anglo Poker Edition09 - they match.
- -Card box is printed to look like a deck of cards from two sides.
- -52 on 1 card/white design on black back
- -52 on 1 card/Queen of Spades
- -Joker holding 4 of Hearts/white design on black back
- -Faded 7 of Hearts/white design on black back
- -Merged 2 of Diamonds and 8 of Spades/white design on black back
- -Shaken 4 of Hearts with pips in corner/white design on black back
- -Ace of Spades, Hearts and Clubs/white design on black back
- -6 of Spades on white back with black design/blank
- -Fallen 10 of Spades with all pips at one end/white design on black back
- -4 of Spades with "spinning" index/white design on black back
- -3 1/2 of Clubs/white design on black back
- -16 of Spades/white design on black back
- -Smeared Ace of Hearts/white design on black back
- -Queen of Broken Hearts/white design on black back
- -Ace of Broken Hearts/white design on black back
- -Queen of Spades/white design on red back
- -King of Spades/10 of Clubs
- -Queen of Spades/10 of Diamonds
- -Jack of Spades/10 of Hearts
- -Queen of Hearts/10 of Hearts
- -3 of Spades/10 of Hearts
- -10 of Clubs/10 of Hearts
- -6 of Diamonds/10 of Hearts
- -Ace of Hearts/white design on red back
- -Ace of Diamonds/red design on white back
- -Ace of Spades/white design on red back
- -Ace of Clubs/black design on white back
- -Ace of Diamonds/4 of Spades
- -Ace of Hearts/7 of Clubs
- -Ace of Clubs/4 of Hearts
- -4 x face/blank
- -2 x Blank/blank
- -white design on red back/red design on white back
- -red design on white back/red design on white back
- -black design on white back/black design on white back
- -black design on white back/white design on black back
- -3 x white design on black back/blank
- -3 x white design on red back/blank
- -3 x white design on red back/white design on black back
- -3 x white design on red back/white design on red back
- -3 x white design on black back/white design on black back
Anglo developementsPosted by Gay Ljungberg 2009-06-10 22:37:11
The new Anglo Poker Limited Edition 09 decks are now ready to ship. These cards are printed in a limited edition and will not be reprinted. We intend to launch a new limited edition colour combination every year.
The Anglo Rainbow Deck (see earlier post) are now available too.
We can also supply the Anglo Professional Poker cards, available in blue or red back design without a white border. Jumbo indices.
Anglo developementsPosted by Gay Ljungberg 2009-04-19 13:46:28
Since the very beginning, the sevens of the Anglo Decks have been special, compared to other deck brands. The original idea was to get away from the one way feature of the traditional seven and have a card that look the same from either end.
When we redesigned the Anglo Poker decks with standard indices, our idea was to make the value of the card more visible. Ironically, we found that the best recognizeability was achieved if we made the pips smaller. With more white space around the pips, they would not mix together when viewed from a distance. We know that people do not recognize cards from the number in the corner or even by counting the pips, from a distance, but they recognize the pattern. When we tested different patterns we found what we think was the best relation between visability and design. However the sevens where not recognized, because the pattern differed from most other brands. So we have decided from now on to print all Anglo Poker Standard Index cards with a new, but more traditional pattern of the pips on all sevens.
The first deck with the new design is the Rainbow Deck. But when we do new batches of the Anglo Poker Edition09 they will also have the new pattern on the sevens.
Anglo developementsPosted by Gay Ljungberg 2009-04-18 15:52:21
Yesterday the Rainbow Decks
were printed and I held the first one in my hand today.
They are awesome!
52 cards with 52 different colours on their backs. Each card is unique. When you spread the cards in new deck order the spread looks like a rainbow! The jokers and extra joker actually depicts a rainbow.
The cards are the same as the others in the Anglo Poker Edition09
. This is the first deck from the 2nd generation, with new but traditional patterns on the four sevens. Each card has its own back colour, slightly different from the cards on either side, but the pattern is the same. As far as I know this is the only deck in the world of this kind. Until today Rainbow Deck
meant a deck of cards with all different backs, it was usually a very mixed selection of pictorial and patterned backs. With our newborn baby the word Rainbow Deck
has a more literal meaning!
What can you do with it? First of all you can play poker with colour blind people and win every time. Sorry.... But of course you can do some very nice flourishes with this deck. You can use a few cards from this deck for beautiful colour changes in an ordinary deck. You can actually use a few of the cards as a long distance marked deck.
We are waiting for the tuck boxes, the new improved model, but hope to be able to start delivering Rainbow Decks
by the end of next week.